Diversion Services provide day treatment services for youth in JJS custody in non-secure community programs. These programs were developed to help relieve crowded detention centers while holding offenders accountable.
Facts about Diversion Services
- Diversion Services are appropriate for youth with relatively minor offense histories. After being screened for appropriateness, a Juvenile Court judge may order a youth to Diversion services. Only a Juvenile Court judge can send a youth to Diversion Services.
- Youth can remain at home and attend school or work while participating in the program.
- Programming includes:
- Intensive daily supervision
- Skill building
- Work projects to help meet court-ordered restitution and community service requirements
- Individual and family interventions
- Various experiences to increase awareness of the harm done to victims.
Diversion Services Locations
Salt Lake Early Intervention
Davis Area Youth Center