Case management services are provided to all delinquent youth placed in community placements, Observation and Assessment, and secure facilities. Case Management services continue after youth are released from a secure facility.
Facts about Case Management
- All delinquent youth in the custody of JJS have an assigned Case Manager.
- Case management services include monitoring and supervising youth, and developing and implementing treatment plans.
- The Case Manager acts as a liaison between the youth, Juvenile Court, Youth Parole Authority, parents, and JJS programs.
- Case Managers supervise youth while they are on parole (conditional release into the community) and can return a youth to secure care if the conditions of parole are not met.
- Case Managers make recommendations to the Juvenile Court and Youth Parole Authority for treatment, placement, and release.